Sunday, February 27, 2011

When it hasn't been your day, month or even your year...

I am jennifer aniston, I am rachel karen green, i am She. Let me tell you how.

I walked into my lil sisters apartment prepared for a great sunday feast that those girls always seem to turn out. But they were all in sweats eating mac n'cheese and with a fresh new friends DVD gearing up to go. I pulled out my yoga mats and blanket and sat down for a nap/friends marathon.

After what i could only guess to be the 14th or 15th episode in a row, i was so strongly identifying with Rachel that it felt weird to still be so attracted to her.

She is a chaser. I am a chaser. Upon meeting an attractive potential the air we breath, the food we eat the simple actions to sustain life take on the purpose of making sure we can maintain the chase of this attractive potential.

We know they would fall in such deep, meaningful, sitcom-based love with us, if only they could let us show who we really are. A resilient confidence based on our own perceived attractiveness.

Our daily high points and dive-bombs are usually relative to how well interactions with the potential went.

In potential romantic situations exclusively, there isn't enough sleeve to wear our emotions on. We don't even sit on the handle anymore because we fly so often off of it. Confrontation yay!

Now Rachel is just a character and a sitcom character at that. Meaning she is inherently shallow compared to my marinas trench of personality traits. But wow i enjoyed the comparison even if i had to force it a bit. a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment