Thursday, February 24, 2011

Original & Determined

I HATE HIPSTER GIRLS!!! This has been a claim that has been a long time coming. But only because i have such a deeply rooted disposition to being so incredibly attracted to you types it has been very hard for me to come these terms. Ever since a young'in i knew the value of a skinny to the ankle pair of jeans. No magazine ever needed to tell me that bohemian styled and cut shirts, cardigans, changing in suggestiveness and body coverage with the seasons was all i ever wanted in life. I wanted as many rings, bracelets, necklaces, lockets, bandannas, scarfs, sachels, carpet bags, back slanted beanies, hair string thingys, artsy ironic earrings, 2nd hand belts worn 4" above the actual pants, and kitten slippers as i could get. Long flowing soft cotton skirts starting right below the hip bones and ending at knees could stop me in traffic anytime. I wanted your hair to be in crazy wavy patterns tied up in flowery bows. "Please" i said in my head, "don't just stop at two colors in your whole outfit, catch the whole FREAKING rainbow." I would think treason if i didn't see a stylishly small leather jacket worn over a horizontal stripped loose fit tank-top. I was sure Buddy Holly, Elvis Costello and Rivers Cumos meant something to every thick rimmed glasses girl i saw. I never believed your finger nails could not be some outrageous clashing color, never. I knew irony was what i wanted before i could even use the word right.
You see i have spent my whole "interested-in-women" life watching the Hipster girl. I know probably as much about the essence of hipster than the most bohemian of you. But hipster girls, i hate you. Your dress and style to me always suggested originality and determination. They said to me, she thinks for herself and loves it like that. I would assume if you were that determined to be yourself you would respect yourself as well. Well you have never substantiated these claims i made on your behalf (should i have made them?). Eventual failure on either the originality or the determination or some of both always would surpass. I say i hate hipster girls, but i could never give up hope. Even though now masses and throngs impersonate the much publicized image of originality de la bohemian chic without embodying the hipster soul. I am too ingrained to find you gorgeous, compelling, and entrancing to give up hope that the original idea of why a hipster girl is what she is and there to fore, is what i want. (see title)

4 comments:

  1. Mitch. Guess what? I'm original AND determined.

    ReplyDelete
  2. london i wouldnt know that since you got the whole meg ryan ala you've got mail vibe going. or are you tom hanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well if I'm Tom Hanks, doesn't that make you Meg Ryan?

    ReplyDelete
  4. in the you still wont tell me who you are and you tease way yes. but i am not some one dimension boring fake naive gal

    ReplyDelete