Tuesday, February 15, 2011

needles and pins in my closet

Bow-chica-bow-bow. Thats the sound that should be bumping by some floating ghetto blaster next to me as i have walked around these past few days. It is a lot like that Broadway musical part of 500 days of summer but more egotistically founded and no ridiculous cartoon birds. Not to say that i haven't lately experienced similar yet "Mormon-esque" moments as what prompted the dance scene in 500 days. But thats not why i am really walking with a swagger and a grin. I just cut my hair. I have been doing this since high school. I have developed a cycle that fits itself about 2-3 times into a year. Newly cut (must use goo to style)--> Long & thick enough to use natural grease and genetically thickness to faux hawk--> 1st ugly phase too long to hawk, too short for flip, wear a lot of beanies--> start of the hipster flip, looking good with beanies-->full on shag can you say ashton kutcher--> slick back like undercover cop--> cut back leave front--> get really pissed at something non-hair related and hack it all off--> restart. Now no matter what song is blasting in the ears, that bass beat is meant for me and my steps. Do i imagine myself just getting more looks from pretty passing girls? Probably. But i'd look at me at least.

3 comments:

  1. I don't know about other girls, but I always look at you when you pass by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LONDON you are such a tease, i still have no idea who you are and i am not even trying to be cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mitch, even without trying you still manage to be cute.

    ReplyDelete