Monday, March 7, 2011

SIMPLE BOY

She is a girl and i am a boy. She is five foot something and everything from that inch mark to the floor is making my heart, the most central organ in my body in charge of regulating every output in my body, punch instead of beat.
I met her and my mind, heart, soul, chemical signals or whatever told me to chase this girl. She is a girl and i am a boy so she says yes when i ask her out. I hold about 40-60% of myself back and I get a second date. Because she is a girl and i am a boy, i make supposedly random physical contact with her. Sometimes i look her in the eye when i do, sometimes i do not. It is all for the same effect, preparation.
She is a girl and i am a boy. When she talks i listen, i question and listen again. I subtly keep me to a minimum. I am a boy, she will get what i give of me. But i get what i work for in our conversation, such is the double edge of chivalry. What else would she want from me? I am a boy genuinely interested in a girl, therefore i am a simple boy. She is a girl, this is why she enjoys all the attention she is receiving and why there is a third or fourth date.
She is a girl and i am a boy. Everything about her mattered to me until this exact moment. Now it is, "will she let me kiss her?" Everything about me mattered to her until this exact moment. Now all it is, "is he going to kiss me right now?"
I do not have her in an embrace that we have held for hours even minutes before. It may or may not be in a semi-public area with the possibility of a 3rd party encounter at any moment. We are not on any piece of furniture or in my car.
Everything but this potential kiss will stop mattering when i take that last step to her, place one hand on the small of her back and the fingers of the other weaving through her hair. I will be the last to close my eyes.
She is a girl and i am a boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment