Wednesday, January 26, 2011

As my HP laptop gently weeps

I was having one of those days where I woke up and even before I could reach my muscle-bound (a.k.a scarecrow) arms out of the electric blanket covers and turn on my space heater I had already my top three spots on my 5 problems to fix list already taken. Say you are a problem and you make it on my list, I will contemplate you every spare second I find. You are a problem and I need to fix you, that is how simple I am with the likes of you.
But just because you are on my list and I want your bumpy complexion to become smooth doesn’t mean you will. Something’s need time along with my best efforts to straighten out, but that doesn’t mean you can’t indulge in “F-this” music to really get into the mood. “Bury me With it” Modest Mouse, “Glue man” Fugazi, “parties and Bullsh*t” Biggy, etc.
Anyways no matter who you are there is always someone you want to talk to, someone who will let you vent. Someone you can trust. So I call this person and of course I ask how they are doing. I never thought I would be the “vented” this call. But he or she needs to vent and got to it before I did, so I listen. He or she gets to the end of their catharsis and something unexpected has happened. I do not want to vent anymore.
Nothing has changed in my situation, except me. I will not purge my troubles through the phone line, because I have this new calling to be the strong one during the call. Not only for their immediate well-being, but because I have this new desire to tackle my problems so I have room on my back for their burdens too. Such is the power of love. This love that we have not only will urge me to help, but also buck up and fix mine so I can help sooner. To be helpful not hurtful. This love will help fix both our problems in time. Mi aime a ou mamma.

1 comment:

  1. Mitch, there's no need to be strong. I'm here to listen to you vent anytime you want.

    ReplyDelete