Sunday, March 8, 2009

Hot plasma = vlogs

Have you ever watched a video blog or a “vlog” that does not use excessive cut and paste editing. I mean we could look at the other extreme and watch the Daily Show interviews. Which I am almost sure are taped by a camcorder sitting on a table off in the corner, still love ya john. But as good and cutting edge as some vlogs are I can’t help but thinking that these guys could not be as well spoken (scripted), direct (edited), and clear (having bold “linkable” titles for all their opinions) as they seem. This is one of my two points I would like to make on the “vlog”. Couldn’t anyone be as well spoken and wise in the world’s ways if they had a whole day to film whatever they really felt on a subject, you know really dig it all out of yourself? Then take another day and make the most powerful one two combination oration that even Ali couldn’t bob and weave out of with imac’s final cut pro editing tools. Couldn’t anyone do that? Anyone can if I can write this. All that I am saying is before we roll out the forum red carpet and worship in their holy comment boxes we should consider that with unlimited editing and outtakes our opinions just might dazzle others also. Which brings me to another point I’d like to make on the vloging subject. Why is everyone they talk about stupid and they are geniuses? Sure I am making a very very broad statement. But we all know there isn’t a shortage in stupid things done be people and because of that there is also no shortage of people ready to pounce. Pounce in a well edited burst of razor the sharp contrasts of “you are dumb as the nails that I will pound into your coffin, cause I am a vlogging genius”. Frankly I grow tired of this, apart from being informed of stupid yet funny things that people do there isn’t anything there besides a pretentious college grad who juxtapositions as he rants. I will do dumb stuff, you will do dumb stuff and most importantly the person who will vehemently terrorize the normal man for his less than stellar moments will do dumb stuff. So he has no moral high ground from which to throw his negativity. But also why shouldn’t such a genius be able to create anything more original? I dare not give suggestions they might be catalogued as stupidity or even worse, used…… To sum all this up, vloggers make some paradigm shifting stuff but don’t forget how awesome you would sound if you could edit and thread all your awesome comments into one continuous flow of burning hot wisdom. This plasma like stream of vlogging will have real original content if you avoid all temptations to skewer your fellow men. You have opinions and you will have many more stupid mistakes, make sure your opinions (house) are not (of) built upon others (cards) stupid mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment