Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Heavy Blankets keep me safe

How many times do you wake up in the morning and instantly as the blur ebbs away from your eyes, a rhythm comes rushing into your brain? This my version of radio wake-up calls. It is not what I listened to the night before, it is not that simple. I kid you not my brain knows exactly what sonic caffeine I need injected into my veins the moment my matted hair raises off the pillow. Again it is not what I listened to the night before, it’s what happened to me the day before. What did I talk to God about in my prayers, what did I stare at my ceiling thinking about. My mind knows and when I wake up that next morning my brain has looked through the playlist in “Mitchtunes” and has picked the jam I need. That I need, possibly. Sometimes the song is a soundtrack to something I am trying to forget and get behind me. Sometimes it’s the background music to a temptation. Sometimes though it’s what “eye of the tiger” was for Rocky. Sometimes I am jamming that sound round and around three or four times post-shower, telling me it is going to be just fine. I’m gonna kill it, and that song is no longer a 4min sound bit but a friend. A friend that listened to me and was that running start needed to get over the terrible hill.

Incomplete set of examples:

- P.O.S. : I am angry at a circumstance/situation

- K.O.L : Horny or heart-ache

- Hospital Beds: Got knocked hard but no hope lost.

- Rocks Tonic Juice: pointless girl trouble, it’s negligible. Happy to hate.

- Sowing Season: it’s raining

No comments:

Post a Comment