Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Got/Get/Getting my LEARNIN on

Some terms you finish up and realize after the post-final euphoria wains that you did not really learn anything during all those studious hours spent trying to keep your GPA from nose diving. I can't accept that student loans/grants paying my tuition could be so pointlessly wasted. Here are some things i know i have learned while up on campus that i can count some credit hours towards.

-Your best dating service are the seats behind, in-front and to your immediate sides. That is right, sit next to her or him. A few quick quips here and there, a direct stare with a quick goodbye, then you see them at some weekend social event and BAM the moment both of you have waited for during those 50min (1h 15 Tue/Thurs) during the week presents itself. Time to bridge the gap, "so what are doing Tuesday night" too forward??? OK, "you going to B-ball game?"

-I can sleep where ever i want too when ever i want too. In any position i want too additionally. Lecture halls with my legs over the row in-front of me. Tiny little desks with my chin resting on my collarbone. Some people sleep on all those couches and what not but honestly that grosses me out a bit. Couldn't explain why just does. But the point is Power naps are the best thing ever, you try to tell me that once i wipe the drool out the corner of my mouth that i am not 10x more productive than 15 min before.

-$$$ don't mean a thang. I pay over $200 in textbooks and i read maybe $25 willingly, it is not only until i botch the first quiz that i may take the plastic wrapping off. You think our liquified (and dried up) savings would give us more motivation.

-If i don't want to do it, it will suck. If i do want to do it, then i'll do it until i don't want to anymore. Then i'll review it and impress by how much i think it didn't suck. But i still don't want to do it anymore.

-The Professor will mess up, some will admit and be admired but be subject to forced compromises by desperate students. Others will not admit and lose much respect because, hey we are in college and we can spot a FAIL miles (or multiple youtube suggestions) away.

-The craziest times happened to me in the library...(open for interpretation)

No comments:

Post a Comment