Friday, October 23, 2009

Suicide and Bathroom mirrors...

Ok the suicide thing has nothing to do with this or really any other blog but I just wanted that word to be big and bold across the title. If anything to illicit a response from any poor and bored soul who would have the misfortune to fall upon my prose. But I move on, really this blog is going to be written out of pure boredom. Without much in the way of a great emotional push to stamp out a few paragraphs on a subject or an event, this blog will be posted. This will shock you but mirrors are only metal and glass, those who are uneducated in the characteristics of light in reflection and what not try to hold in your weeps and whines. I’ll keep typing while you all reel from the monstrous paradigm shift I caused.
I have three mirrors in my room. Before the word “vain” runs through your cerebral areas, I didn’t put them there. There are two that make up the doors to my closet. They are from the ground up to the ceiling mirrors. The kind that you are real thankful to have to see if your shoes match your outfit or if your shirt is tucked in all around. Then the default bathroom mirror. Ever since I moved into this little joint these pieces of metal and glass have had an adverse affect on my daily routine.
I wake up in the morning either groggy or quite refreshed depending on if I had something big going on in the morning that I was afraid I’ll miss so I kept waking up every 45min thinking I slept through it. But no matter what the first thing I do after the “dismissed” has been pressed on my cell alarm, I turn my head to the right. Why? Because my bed is on the opposite side of the room from those big mirrors. For some reason I really need to see my hair all goofy and that face that says that my brain is at a 3rd grader capacity of thought right now. I will do it every EVERY morning. When I sit up in my bed and put my feet on the floor, you bet I am looking straight forward at my hunched over self in the mirror. At some point I’ll go into the bathroom because its morning (things need taking care of). But you bet at some point during the whole scenario I will take a look at my white butt in the mirror. I’ll take off all the warm clothes I was wearing but before I jump into the warm shower, yes you bet I will look at my naked self in the mirror. Just a glance because its cold. Move on to further down the day, anytime really if I am at my computer which is again about a foot and a half from the big mirrors, I will look to my left. I will do it at least once every website I visit. I do it when I am surprised and I need to see that. I look when I can’t think of really what to say so I look at myself and ask if he knows what to write because I don’t. I am always right there for myself with tons of moral support its fun and quite comforting. To top the pseudo-vanity off at the end of the day, when I brush my teeth right before I hit the sack I take off my shirt. I suggest anyone to brush their teeth with their shirts off. You see muscles working and flexing it really is an all around fun deal. But there you go, I would be lying if I said I didn’t enjoy looking at myself in the mirror….. from time to time. If I didn’t want to look I wouldn’t. But the case is that in my little world of a room there is always and mirror and I find that I really really REALLY often look at myself unconsciously. There’s my confession and my blog all in one for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment