Saturday, January 31, 2009

Chino challenged

I am running on about 5 hours of sleep. This isn’t an excuse for a soon to be iffy attempt at a witty blog, more like a statement of surprise. I am not tired at the moment and I got 3 hours less than usual, exciting isn’t it? So fun thing today, its work related yes again but I feel that it would be fun to jam out here so why not? I don’t know coffee. That is a statement ringing in truthfulness. Anything that would end in –chino or latte, doesn’t register. Even if it started in “I” and ended in “talian soda” I wouldn’t have the slightest idea. To paint my total and unrelenting lack of knowledge of the coffee bean spawned world further, I use this violent image. If you stuck me on the edge of a pit kneeled me down and put any type of firearm to the back of my head and a mocha chino and a latte into my two hands. Then ordered me to tell you which one is which by tasting them, risking the obvious ends if I was wrong. I would end up at the bottom at that pit with my miss-chosen latte running out of my mouth and less brain mass then before. I am the last person you want at the espresso machine.
As fate would have it we do have an espresso machine. We are a bakery and a sandwich/soup shop. To have coffee is understandable even necessary, but to have the whole latte, mocha chino, espresso unit complete with Italian soda side rack is a little off. Not many people think “hey lets get a nice French vanilla turtle at Le Boulanger”. No one at all. I am sure that they would go straight for the fountain drinks if they knew who was going to be throwing together their caffeinated beverage in the cups without the trendy orange straws (sorry no dutch bros here). I am not saying people are incredibly dumb, they don’t know my chino handicap. I mean even if I did know what I was doing our lattes would still suck because we are a bakery. But my whole rant comes down to the proposed solution. I feel it would be in the costumer’s best interests to have a nice hanging sign right above our cash register that reads something like. “Don’t expect a latte when you order it”

No comments:

Post a Comment